Production Manager (Head of Department)
Production Manager at Molly Goddard will cultivate supplier/manufacturer relationships and ensure that production is efficient, timely, and meets brand standards. Creating the Critical Path calendar alongside the Head of Operations and working closely with the Design and Pre-Production departments, the Production Manager will develop systems which will improve the processes and resources of development and production. Working with existing contacts alongside seeking new manufacturing techniques and providers.
- Building and overseeing seasonal calendars to ensure timely sourcing, development and production.
- Identifying and resolving calendar changes with Design, Development, Operations, Logistics and Sales.
- Partnering closely with Design Development to make recommendations on construction and material options, striving to increase quality and lower costs, while maintaining Creative Directors vision.
- Developing, researching and maintaining factory and supplier contacts in collaboration with Development.
- Negotiating costs with factories and assisting Operations and Sales in calculating wholesale and retail prices.
- Submitting production orders to factories and maintaining constant communication with suppliers/factories with regular visits to check on production and conduct interim and final QC.
- Ensuring records for each garment are complete and accurate
- Using Zedonk to calculate how much of each material and trim to order for production.
- Ordering materials, trims and labels with awareness of lead times and fabric flow deadlines.
- QC of materials as they arrive at the studio, processing re-packing and labelling before delivering to factories.
- Arranging all deliveries of materials to factories and keeping track of expenses and delivery costs.
Skills and Qualities:
- At least three years experience in Fashion Production and a graduate degree in a relevant subject.
- Strong analytical and numerical skills
- Excellent organisation and problem solving
- Clear verbal and written communication
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Highly organised with a natural ability to multi-task
- Confident negotiating costs and managing budgets
- Able to create schedules and deadlines and adhere to them strictly
- Proficient user of Excel and Zedonk. Illustrator and InDesignalso desirable.